2016 Profit And Loss Statement

2016 Profit And Loss Statement – The taxation of capital gains and losses has changed with the latest tax reform. Then, all the keys to not fail in the declaration.

Capital gains and losses are included in the tax base of savings. If the balance of the integration and compensation of this type of income is negative, now the amount can be offset by the positive balance of the other component of the tax base of savings, returns on movable capital, with a limit of 25% of said balance positive, as explained by the Tax Agency.

Yes, the reform has marked a transitional period and during the years 2015, 2016 and 2017 the percentage of compensation will not be 25%, but 10%, 15% and 20% respectively.

Therefore, if the balance of your capital gains and losses in the previous year was negative, only 10% can be compensated with capital yields. And if, even so, it turns out to be negative, its amount will be compensated in the following four years.

It should be noted that between the two elements of the savings base (capital gains and losses and capital yields) the compensation is mutual.

2016 Profit And Loss Statement

The Spanish Association of Tax Advisers (Aedaf) exposes several concrete cases to explain how they should be taxed.

For example, if a taxpayer acquired shares in a company at the beginning of 2015 amounting to 10,000 euros but, due to liquidity needs, decided to sell them at the end of 2015, obtaining a capital gain of 3,000 euros in less than a year. How should you pay for this surplus value?

From January 1, 2015, there is no differentiation between capital gains and losses arising from the transfer of assets generated long-term (in more than one year) and short-term (in a year or less), all integrated into the basis of saving the Tax and therefore, taxing the savings rate.

If a taxpayer receives a subsidy that is not exempt from IRPF, p.e. ‘Plan Pive-8’ or public subsidies for the purchase of a home, how should you pay for it?

The subsidy is a capital gain that does not come from the transfer of a patrimonial element, so it must be integrated into the general taxable base by taxing the marginal rate. Public subsidies should be allocated to the fiscal year in which they are charged, unless the law establishes another criterion, as in the case of subsidies linked to the habitual residence.

And if a private individual over 65 years old sells his / her habitual residence, should he / she be taxed for the capital gain generated?

No, the capital gain generated by the sale or donation of real estate by taxpayers older than 65 who constitute their habitual residence at the time of the transfer or until any day of the two years prior to the date of transfer is exempt from IRPF.

Gallery of 2016 Profit And Loss Statement

( Click Image to Enlarge )